On the occasion of the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHOT), Helem cordially invites you to its conference, “LGBTQI+ Between Social Discrimination, State Violations, and the Achievements of the Human Right Movement.” The conference will include seven panels on several LGBTQI+ topics.
Date: Saturday, 20th of May, 2017
Location: Metro Al Madina
1. The media and alternative media – Subhiya Najjar, Jad Ghosn, and Elie Faris
2. Homosexuality in court rulings – Legal Agenda
3. Core of LGBTQI+ rights movement in Lebanon – Helem
4. Trust no one be aware of everyone (vulnerabilities of LGBTQI+ refugees in Lebanon) – Mosaic
5. Mental and psychological health – LebMASH
6. Sexual Health Services: Discriminating and Distinguishing – Marsa
7. Our positioning regarding the regional movement- AFE
Helem (the Arabic acronym of "Lebanese Protection for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders"), is a non-governmental non-profit organization. It presented its notification of association to the Lebanese Ministry of Interior on 4 September 2004. Although it focuses on LGBTIQ issues, Helem membership is open to any person who shares our values based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Helem is also strongly opposed to any kind of segregation, both in the services it offers or in the struggle it leads.